Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Foggy Sunday

In our little corner of the world it is foggy every day now. This season is known as May Gray or June Gloom depending on which month it is. But someday the sun will shine again and these days will be forgotten very quickly. I did have to go for a ride this morning. So I was out of the house by 8:00 am before the Countess got up so I would be back just after she gets up. She loves to sleep in on her days off. I rode north up the 101 through Santa Barbara and on to a little state park called Gaviota, about 70 miles. I was hoping that I might run into some sunshine, but it was not going to happen today. Took a picture of my bike.
















It looks a lot better in the sunshine. Everything looks better in the sunshine. Got home in time to have some coffee with the Countess and to discuss what we would do today. As it turns out we did nothing. Yesterday we did go to the beach with the mutt which was good. It is always a nice reminder as to why we want to live here when we can spend an hour at the beach practically by ourselves, enjoying the sights and smells of the ocean. But today we simply shared some time together watching tv and having a bit of lunch. Today life was good.

No comments: