It's been awhile since the last entry, over a year. But I must confess I have thought a lot about this blog.
Today is a bit special as the Countess and I are playing hooky from work and enjoying a quiet day with each other. We decided to go to the Reagan Presidential Library and see Air Force One. It had been awhile since our last visit to the Library and a few things have changed. My biggest impression of the whole movie star/president thing is how rather simple and common the Reagan's lifestyle was. There were some excesses that are to be expected with the public life, but for the most part the private life was very conservative. I know I shouldn't use that word when writing about Reagan. I find myself thinking that this was one President I can view with respect.
Another impression is how small Air Force One was. Yes, it was only a 707 and there needed to be a lot of stuff on board, but the Presidents personal area was quite small. I guess that was enough for the average flight of only a few hours. It was interesting to see and learn of the history of the plane.
Hope to jot down a bit more often from now on.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment