Saturday, February 23, 2008

20 Days Later

It's been 20 days since the last post. Nothing really stands out as having any impact on my life other than making a commitment to go to Sturgis this August. That will be something to look forward to. But other than that February has been a typical month. Went to work, earned enough money to pay bills and take the Countess out to dinner a couple times. We watched our investments lose value a bit and saw another home go on the market because of foreclosure. The times are rather unnerving. But I still feel confident that by the time we need it, there will be enough funds to retire with some comfort and a measure of security. This year I will reach the magic 59 ½ years. Only 6 and ½ years to full retirement. I think I am actually looking forward to it. My body has been telling me that I am not 35 any more. Even though my mind is telling me I am. My body is winning the battles more and more. I do worry about not being able to do anything when the time comes because I will be in too much pain to move. Is it too late?

No comments: