This evening the Countess and I had a salesman come to the door and ask if we would be interested in the newest and greatest in the communication world? We asked him what we consider the most important questions; a. Is it better than what we have? b. Will it save us money? His answers "Yes and yes. OK we say, come on in. The gentleman is selling the new Verizon fiber optics system that was just brought into the community. He tells us this is the only thing to have with HDTV. We tell him we don't own any HDTV's. He doesn't seem to understand why we can't appreciate the fact that this FO system will deliver a better HD signal. Once again we say we do not have HDTV. OK, let's assume we will get HD in the future - how much will this cost? He says it will save us a lot, because our "special deal" can not increase in price for 2 years. So, we must commit to a 2 year plan? Yes, but you will save so much. How much is it? Did I tell you it delivers the best HD channels? OK, let's assume we will get HD and we will save a lot and we will lock in to a 2 year plan, how much is it? That's great you won't be sorry because you have a 15 day free trial period so if you are not satisfied we will return your system back to the way it is. When do you want to schedule the installers out? Well we would like to know how much it is. After an hour of this, enough is enough - Please tell us how much this plan will cost us each month! We will not schedule a day until we know how much it is. OK, the plan will be only $xxx.xx an month and it will not change for 2 years. But that is more than we pay now. And we are happy with what we have. Good bye.
I can only think of 2 reasons to buy this product. 1. It gives me more than what I have now at the same price or 2. It will give me at least what I have but for less. This product did neither. I have to wonder what this salesman is thinking. Is he thinking we are too stupid to realize we can't see the HD without the tv. Why should we pay more for something we can't use? Just to say we have it?
I am pretty sure I will be able to get the HD fiber optics when we decide we can't live without it. And I bet it will be a lot cheaper in a year or two.
This was a very frustrating evening. The Countess has decided the best thing to do is go to her room and watch her old fashion cable tv on her standard tv set with the mutt and enjoy what she has.
Tomorrow is the Countess's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment