I am a bit surprised at myself today. I didn’t watch very much football at all. I took the Countess to see a movie, Tom Hanks in Charlie Wilson’s' War, a very entertaining movie by my standards. The Countess also liked it. We took down decorations and cleaned up a bit. Now the home is more back to normal and seeming a bit more comfortable. I guess there is a relief knowing the Christmas season is over. I am very proud of the fact that we did not get ourselves into any further debt. This makes me very happy with our ability to handle the pressures of the season. The Countess was great. She is the main reason for everything that is good with my life.
JP is leaving early in the morning to head back to his life as a college student. He doesn't have to start school until the 21st, but I guess the old folks are getting on his nerves.
Speaking of old folks, when we went to the movie today the ticket clerk ( a woman around 50) asked me if we were "seniors". I asked her what the age was that the theater considered senior and she replied 60. I said that we were not quite there yet. She says that it was OK; she would give us the senior rate anyway because the regular admission rate was too much to pay for a movie. So we saved about $5. I thought that was rather nice of her and it made us feel better about the movie theater.
Tonight I was reading several other Blogs. Most bloggers were taking a look back at the previous year. I must admit I have to admire all of the authors for they have so much more insight into what they feel and where they have been than I could ever get out of my past experiences. I guess my life has been pretty boring or I just don’t realize the significance of what I do. Perhaps that should be my resolution – To do something this year that will put some significance into my life. How to make your life significant . Now there is a best seller if I ever.
JP is leaving early in the morning to head back to his life as a college student. He doesn't have to start school until the 21st, but I guess the old folks are getting on his nerves.
Speaking of old folks, when we went to the movie today the ticket clerk ( a woman around 50) asked me if we were "seniors". I asked her what the age was that the theater considered senior and she replied 60. I said that we were not quite there yet. She says that it was OK; she would give us the senior rate anyway because the regular admission rate was too much to pay for a movie. So we saved about $5. I thought that was rather nice of her and it made us feel better about the movie theater.
Tonight I was reading several other Blogs. Most bloggers were taking a look back at the previous year. I must admit I have to admire all of the authors for they have so much more insight into what they feel and where they have been than I could ever get out of my past experiences. I guess my life has been pretty boring or I just don’t realize the significance of what I do. Perhaps that should be my resolution – To do something this year that will put some significance into my life. How to make your life significant . Now there is a best seller if I ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment