It has been raining here for the last couple days. We certainly can use it. I won't have to water the grass for quite a while now. In Southern California we have to water the grass all year around. There is no dormant season. It grows and needs to be cut, just a bit slower in the winter.
Work goes well. I have taken the bull by the horns and dealt with some lingering problems and now the stress is gone and all is well with work.
Today the government says it is going to give everyone $600. This is supposed to start the economy going in the right direction. I don't quite understand the logic. I know if I give my kids money to bail them out of a problem they just turn around six months later and create another one. They don't learn from their mistakes and act as if the bail out will always be there. I feel this is exactly what will happen with the economy. Business needs to get lean, stop overcharging for goods, and not be so greedy. Individuals need to get lean, live on what they earn - not credit, and not be so greedy. Then the economy would correct itself over time and be a lot stronger for it. I do worry about where we are headed and what the country will be like in 30 years when I am just a passing topic of conversation at the family get togethers. Did our society look this dumb 30 years ago?
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment