Saturday, December 22, 2007

Catching up

It has been a few days since the last post. I have been out of town and away from a computer. Was up in the San Francisco area for a couple days. Crossed the Golden Gate Bridge a couple times and got a lot done.

Now it's the weekend and we are getting ready for Christmas. Three of the sons are here and the fourth is coming Monday. They are pretty much gone most of the time. JP came in on Wednesday and I didn't see him until Friday evening to say hi. That's OK. They all have lives that don't revolve around the parents any more and that is a good thing for sure.

The Countess is out shopping for the holiday food. This is quite an expense. I have spent $470 so far and we still do not have everything we want for the meals. But, I am sure it will be worth it.

Did my yard thing today and raked the leaves and cleaned up the area. I like this time of the year because the grass doesn't grow so I don't have to break out the mower. It is a nice time of the year with the cooler weather and a little rain to keep the grass green.

There are quite a few homes in the area going into foreclosure. The neighborhood parking is starting to ease up as people are parking in the driveways of the vacant homes. Always a silver lining somewhere.

No comments: